Gotze: I will only get better

The €37 million summer signing is determined to
prove his worth to the Bavarians now that he is
fully fit, adding that he is happy to play wherever

Pep Guardiola needs him
Bayern Munich attacker Mario Gotze says that he
is only going to get better and better in the coming
months.

The 21-year-old missed the start of the 2013-14
campaign through injury, but he has been in
impressive form in recent weeks, netting a crucial
goal in last weekend's 3-0 rout of former club
Borussia Dortmund before scoring a stunner in the
midweek Champions League success at CSKA
Moscow.

Consequently, Gotze is now brimming with
confidence and is optimistic that the best is yet to
come from him.

"It is important to bear in mind that I had been
recovering from injury for quite a while. I was not
100 per cent yet and it was not easy to gain full
fitness," the Germany international was quoted as
saying by TZ .

"But I feel that I am 100 per cent now and that I'm
in peak condition. I hope that I will only get better
from here on."

Gotze has featured both in midfield and the false-
nine role this season, but he insists that he has no
preference as to where coach Pep Guardiola uses
him.

"Positions do not really matter," the playmaker
argued.

"We are switching positions a lot and
always keep moving. We aim to be flexible and
unpredictable.

"In the end, we're just trying to play good football."

The former Dortmund star has so far netted four
goals in 12 appearances in all competitions for
Bayern.

Comments