Ter Stegen confirms Gladbach talks

Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre
ter Stegen has confirmed that he is in talks over a
new deal with the club.

The Germany international has been frequently
linked with a move to Barcelona to replace Victor
Valdes, who is set to leave Camp Nou when his
contract expires in June 2014.

However, Ter Stegen, whose Borussia Park deal
runs out in 2015, could yet stay put with the
Fohlen , but says he has yet to decide on his future
and has suggested that he will not make a final
decision until the middle of next year.

"Nothing new has happened. I am in talks with
Borussia Monchengladbach. I never ruled out
renewing my contract," he told Kicker .

"This whole thing won't take place until next
summer, I can say that much. But I will take the
time I need to make this decision.
"Sporting director Max Eberl knows about
everything. We always talk openly and honestly."

Ter Stegen, 21, made his breakthrough with
Gladbach in 2011 and has since appeared three
times for his country.

Comments