ETHIOPIA LOSE B/FASO FRIENDLY, COURT S/ LEONE

Ethiopia’s preparations for the
crucial return leg of the 2014 FIFA
Wolrd Cup play-off game against
Nigeria suffered a major blow after
the Burkina Faso government
cancelled the friendly scheduled for November 5.

The news just comes a day after both federations
agreed on the friendly with a close source who sort
anonymity intimating to supersport that the
Burkina Federation’s hands were tied when the
government met the order.

"The government of Burkina Faso have called off
the friendly with Ethiopia without giving any reason
as the federation communicated the new turn of
events. All the modalities had been met but the
devastating news was received today(Wednesday)
and they were expected to dispatch a letter to The
Ethiopian federation," the source told
supersport.com.

The Ethiopian Football Federation (EFF) had sort to
play against Cameroon but the friendly failed to
materialise.

Meanwhile the match organizers are trying to get
Sierra Leon on board as back up to provide
Ethiopia with match practice ahead of the Nigeria
game.

In another development, Walya Ibex prolific striker
Getaneh Kebede is up and running after a nagging
ankle injury that has kept him out of action for two
months missing key matches against Central
African Republic and Nigeria.
Getaneh who has been receiving treatment at his
South Africa based club Bidvest Wits has started
light training and is hoping to be fit for the Nigeria
match.

"As a player I have been really stressed about my
injury since it made me miss important matches
but had faith and my doctors assured me all is
well. My treatment has been going on well and
now I have started light training and am very
optimistic I will be ready to play for my beloved
Walia in the return leg against Nigeria.”

“It has not been easy but as a player you expect
such situations because my club Bidvest have also
felt my absence but i intend to return with a bang
to do what I love most that is scoring goals,"
Getaneh told supersport.

Getaneh has been an integral part of coach Sewnet
Bishaw plans until he suffered the ankle injury one
day to the game against Central Africa republic
played in Congo Brazzaville on September 7.

Comments