Confidence key to fine Arsenal form, says Giroud

The striker's notched eight goals in all
competitions this season and, after struggling for
consistency, he feels a positive pre-season has
aided him
In-form Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud believes he
is reaping the rewards for getting a full pre-season
under his belt.

The France international struggled at times during
his first campaign in England in 2012-13, but has
made an impressive start to his second term with
the north London club with eight goals in all
competitions.

And Giroud puts his form down to having a better
preparation for the season and regaining his
confidence.

"I think technically I had it before, maybe I
progressed because we have worked on it a lot in
training," he told the club's official website.

"It is also [down to] confidence. I did well from the
start of the season, I had good preparation with the
team - instead of last season when I wasn’t here
from the beginning - and I scored early in the pre-
season games.

"I feel really confident, the boss made me feel good
and that is why I feel good and try to improve
every day. It is all about confidence I think."

Comments