Manchester United derby defeat shocked me but I expect us to bounce back against Liverpool, insists David Moyes

The champions were 4-0 down within 50 minutes at the Etihad and only Wayne Rooney, of Moyes' players, emerged with reputation intact.
After training at Carrington today, Moyes voiced his determination to move on from the shock and focus on Wednesday's cup tie against Liverpool, although he will again be without the injured Robin van Persie.
"When you are a football manager for the length of time I've been, you are always going to have shocks," said Moyes. "I've had lots. I've no doubt there will be more in the future. That's the way football is. You can't dwell too long on it. It's gone now, I can't do anything about it, we've moved on. We are looking forward to getting the next game started, and trying to win. I'm motivated by every game.
"It doesn't really matter whether I have seen a reaction (in the players) or not. The reaction has to be seen when you people (media and public) can see it (in a match). I'm still getting to know all the players here. I'll get a chance to know more of them this week, and hopefully they will show what they can do.
"It's an important game for us. We want to try to do well in all the cup competitions. It's always a big game when you play any cup tie. When you play Liverpool it's a big rivalry against Manchester United. It could take on bigger significance than people would expect (as a cup tie) but at the end of the day it's another game.’’

Comments